My name is Christine Chen and I would be honored to tell your story.
I remember my very first camera- the polaroid sticker camera (remember those?). I begged and begged for it for Christmas and the day it came, I was hooked. I grew up as “the girl who was always taking pictures” in my group of friends and carried around my camera everywhere I went.
Why photography? There's just something about the ability to pause a moment and hold on to it forever. When I'm taking photos, you'll often find me with a big goofy grin behind the camera. I find so much joy in being able to help others hold on to memories for a lifetime. It also allows me the honor of meeting some of the coolest couples and families and getting to know their life stories.
Fun facts about me:
- My favorite meal of the day is breakfast and I go big. I also don’t think I’ve gone more than 2 days without starting my day off with eggs.
- If I had time, I would learn every language. Mandarin was my first language. My years of high school Spanish come in handy sometimes.
- I am in love with an english bulldog named Tiff. My boyfriend and I picked her up back in 2010 as a pup and the rest was history. She snores and is chunky, wrinkly, stubborn and awesome.
- I can memorize pretty much every episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
- I love to travel and I hope to one day travel to all 7 continents. Next on my bucket list: Peru and Italy. (Any recommendations?)
- I think the simple things make life great. Give me a bite of a delicious burger, a great conversation over a glass of wine, cracking open a new notebook, or catching a beautiful sunset and it will make my day.
- I love being active outside on a sunny day, whether out playing sports or just getting a nice walk in through the city.
- Everything is better with music. So yes, my days are filled with lots of singing in the shower and dancing in my room.
- My favorite moments to photograph are those in-between moments, when emotions are real and un-posed. Grandma wiping away a tear in the corner; Bride and groom passing each other some McDonalds French Fries; Best friends leaning on each other in the back.
*Headshots by Kristin Booth Photography
Thanks again for stopping by to get to know me! Now, I’d love to get to know you. Send me a note and I’d love to get together to chat over a coffee or a drink to figure out how I can tell your story.